Analysing Snape's Death // Film Studies Analysis

Snape's Death
BTEC Creative Media Production Level 3 Year 2






The brief for this video was to demonstrate my research and film study skills in a 'Talking Head' video for any movie or scene. It had to be between 5-10 minutes long and include a least 1 clip of ourselves talking. To make the piece more realistic, I dressed up in a Harry Potter outfit and chromakeyed myself against a Diagon Alley backdrop. I chose to go down a more challenging route and analyse a certain scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2, whilst setting up a Green Screen and making sure there wasn't any creases in the screen, the lighting wasn't casting any shadows and that the camera was properly set up. 

I was really pleased with the final outcome and the overall use of chromakeying and VFX on Adobe After Effects. By only analysing one scene in the entire film series, I went into depth by including techniques from film studies. 


Edited on: Adobe Premiere and After Effects


Filmed on: Canon 700D

Comments